HAWAII ASKS FEDERAL JUDGE TO CLARIFY THE SCOPE OF TRAVEL BAN INJUNCTION
How Trump Administration will implement travel ban
Start around 36:30. Continue to 47:00
• What immigration laws were passed in the 1920s?
• What effect did the Immigration Act of 1924 have on Mexican immigration?
• What was life like for Mexican immigrants in the 1920s?
Documents for Activity
Graphic Organizer for Activity
After reviewing documents
• What was life like for Mexicans and Mexican-Americans during the 1920s?
• Do you trust the information in these documents? Why or why not?
• What additional information would students want to have in order to paint a more reliable picture of Mexican American life in the 1920s?
• The Great Depression began in 1929.
What do you predict happened to Mexicans and Mexican Americans during this time?
History of the Mexican Railroad Boxcar Communities in Chicago
Overview of Espionage and Sedition Acts
Espionage & Sedition Acts (SHEG)
Key Docs for Above
Handout to print for above
WWI propaganda posters (multiple countries)
WWI posters from Learn NC
4 minute man speeches
Korematsu majority and dissenting opinion
Japanese-American Internment SHEG Lesson
Timeline Doc B & C
Docs D & E
Manzanar Virtual Museum (National Park Service)
Manzanar Educator Resources
SAS Internment lesson
Zoot Suit Riots background
Zoot Suit Riot Questions (for below)
Zoot Suit Riot Lesson (SHEG)
Executive Order 8802
Calutron operators at their panels, in the Y-12 plant at Oak Ridge, Tennessee, during World War II. The calutrons were used to refine uranium ore into fissile material. During the Manhattan Project effort to construct an atomic explosive, workers toiled in secrecy, with no idea to what end their labors were directed. Gladys Owens, the woman seated in the foreground, did not realize what she had been doing until seeing this photo in a public tour of the facility fifty years later.
More pictures here.....
1988 Atomic Bomb APUSH DBQ
Standard DBQ on Atomic Bomb with questions
HSI Decision to drop the bomb
Atomic Bomb SHEG
Images for above activity
US History I (New SCOS)
- Historical Thinking
- America Values US Hist - part 1
- European Schism & Imperialism
- Early Colonial Period >
- Revolutionary Period >
- From Articles of Confederation to Constitution >
- Early Republic >
- Age of Jackson >
- Manifest Destiny >
- Coming of the American Civil War
- Civil War >
- The American Dream
US History II
- Race in US History
- Raw Materials
AP 2017 - 2018
- Social Studies Conference
- AG 2017
- 2016 AG Summer Institute
- American History (Old SCOS)
- Smart Gamble
AP US History
- World History
- Current Events
- Scotch Irish
- AG Workshop 2015
- Van Travels
- Spaceship Earth
- Media Literacy
- North Carolina Fund lesson