Conservative Counter Revolution
·How the policy of supply-side economics or “Reaganomics” worked and how it impacted the American economy at the end of the 20th Century.
• How the Iran-Contra scandal tested the balance of power between President Ronald Reagan and the United States Congress.
How President Bill Clinton’s impeachment affected the distribution of power between the executive, legislative and judicial branches of the federal government.
9/11 and rise of non-state terrorism
· How and why an economic recession took place in the early 21st Century and how the recession affected the American economy, politics and culture (e.g., the “dot-com” collapse, corporate scandals, risky mortgages, overextended consumer credit and the 9/11 attacks)
• How and why the administration of George W. Bush initiated preemptive military action in place of containment and deterrence.
• How the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the United States led to American wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and how involvement in those wars effected international relations.
• How the threat of terrorism at home impacted American culture after the 9/11 attacks.
• How American political leaders used foreign aggression as opportunities to prepare for and request war (e.g., U.S.S. Maine, Lusitania, Four Freedoms, Pearl Harbor, 9/11).
• How and why the War on Terrorism in the wake of the 9/11 attacks led to a doctrine of preemptive military action and the Second Gulf War.
• How and to what extent international trade policies and tariffs of the 20th Century shaped the economic development and foreign policy of the United States (e.g., McKinley Tariff, Hawley-Smoot Tariff, GATT, and NAFTA).
• How and to what extent 20th Century diplomatic agreements and treaties shaped the politics and foreign policy of the United States (e.g., Treaty of Versailles, Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, SALT treaties and the Camp David Accords).
• How and why the United States led a United Nations coalition of forces in the Persian Gulf War and how the war’s outcome affected American foreign policy in the Middle East.
US History I (New SCOS)
- Historical Thinking
- America Values US Hist - part 1
- European Schism & Imperialism
- Early Colonial Period >
- Revolutionary Period >
- From Articles of Confederation to Constitution >
- Early Republic >
- Age of Jackson >
- Manifest Destiny >
- Coming of the American Civil War
- Civil War >
- The American Dream
US History II
- Race in US History
- Raw Materials
AP 2017 - 2018
- Social Studies Conference
- AG 2017
- 2016 AG Summer Institute
- American History (Old SCOS)
- Smart Gamble
AP US History
- World History
- Current Events
- Scotch Irish
- AG Workshop 2015
- Van Travels
- Spaceship Earth
- Media Literacy
- North Carolina Fund lesson